Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Whoa...where did the time go?

Wow...looks like it has been a while since I posted anything!

Crazy!

And life has been crazy!

This is my beautiful family now. Everyone is growing up way too fast.

Joe and I quit smoking finally. For good. I was May 1st. He was May 5th of last year. So we are both now 8 months smoke free. Oddly, everyone always told me that once you quit smoking that you would feel soooo much better, so I always thought that once I quit that "POOF" and I'd feel better. Apparently, that's not exactly the case. I feel basically the same. Just my breath doesn't stink and I don't smell like smoke. I'm sure it is way healthier. I'm actually positive it is. Just didn't get the magic that I thought I would.

Joe's actually gained a bit of weight since stopping smoking. We are trying to eat better. We really need to find time to exercise. But it's been really hard to find time.

I lost my job last March. Unexpectedly and way out of left field. It really put us in a bind for a while. And apparently the job market in Savannah really stinks. As big as Savannah is, there really aren't a whole lot of computer jobs available. It took me almost 4 months to find a job. It was a really hard time for me. And I'm sure Joe was really feeling the pressure of having to support the family.

I now have a new job. Which has been great! But I have to drive in horrendous traffic now. It takes usually about an hour to drive the 26 miles to work. Which has put even more strain on Joe, because he now has to drop off the kids in the morning and pick up Genevieve from daycare. And initially I was hired to work 8:30 to 5, but they keep changing my hours. Hopefully, they figure out everything soon, and I can find some stability and everything will calm down.

I need to work on my weight. For reals. Just keeping it real. I have been trying really hard to watch what I eat...but at 9 or so every night, I just want to snack....It's horrible. I know. But even with my late night snacking, I don't think that I eat too horribly. I think that I need to exercise. But I can't seem to find the time, or balance my schedule to have time. I get up at 5:45 in the morning to be at work at 7. And now, I may have to rotate my schedule every other week to work 7am-3:30pm, then 9:30-6. Ew! Who can do that? I don't want to. I was really hoping that I could keep the 7 to 3:30 schedule and hopefully come home and run every day and then help Joe get Genevieve, but it's not looking like that is going to happen.

Oh well. I gotta figure something out.

I'm still trying to Change Connie.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment