Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thursday Schmursday

I have been a totally slacker blogger. I haven't written in forever it seems.

Soooo...let me catch you up...

Pregnancy
I'm now 21 1/2 weeks pregnant. I weigh exactly 1 lb. less than I did before I found out I was pregnant. So 'way to go' on not gaining a million pounds. Let's see if I can keep that up! At my beginning pregnancy weight, I read that I should aim to not gain more than 10 pounds total, so I'm doing good so far. I have been eating pretty horribly though. I'm scared if I keep this up, I will not keep the same momentum I have going on much longer. I just crave sweets, candy, etc. It's like they are calling my name.

I'm still tired all the time. My little body-hijacker is draining the life out of me. But that's OK. I'll deal. I know it will be so worth it in the end.

I know this may sound crazy, but there are days when this all doesn't seem real. That I'm not actually pregnant. That I'm really just fat and tired. I keep trying to remind myself that it's oh-so-very real and we'll be having a crying, pooping baby here very soon.

I have placenta previa. And initially after doing some research figured my chances of it going away were pretty good. Then my doctor called me in and basically scared the crap out of me. He told me basically no more physical activity, especially of the fun kind. And that he would monitor me really close for 8 weeks and then decide if he wanted to take her early. So we wait...

House
Finally getting some unpacking done at the house. We decided to have a NO-TV night this past Friday and got so much done, that we've managed to have several more since then and gotten tons done. Our house is finally coming together. YAY! Now if we can just get the baby's room done, we can start collecting baby stuff.

Church
I got re-dunked (re-baptized) recently at my church. I was baptized when I was 6 and although at the time I knew what I was doing and made a conscious decision, now that I'm older and more mature, my understanding is different. I felt it was necessary to rededicate my life and a profession my Christian faith.

Randomness
I've finally gotten used to wearing my seat belt. That doesn't mean I like it, but I'm doing it. And it makes my husband happier.

Funerals suck. I realize that everyone dies and that we are all going to die, but I have seriously seen my fair share of death and funerals. I'm done. I need a break from death. Everyone must stay alive until further notice.

I've gotten very fed up with my job recently. Just plain sick of it. I don't know what to do to get over it. And I want to, really. I live right outside of Savannah. If I get another job, chances are it would be in Savannah and then I would have to deal with traffic every day. I like working in the same county our kids go to school in, not dealing with traffic, I'm off at 3:45 everyday. It's just the politics and bull-hockey, I'm so sick of it. I have literally done the same research at least 8 times that I can prove, to be able to make a substantial purchase justifiable. Basically we have this software that 40 people need to use on a daily basis and we have 18 licenses to use it. So I waste at least 1-2 hours a day releasing licenses per request. I seriously have better things to do. I've done my part - at least 8 times just justify purchasing more licenses, but they just shelf it until it comes up again and want me to write down how many times I get called everyday for licenses and such. I don't have time! It's ridiculous! OK...Ima quit whining now. Most people don't like their jobs...I'll just have to get over it.

Guess that it's for now. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment