Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tired Tuesday

Oh...I'm so tired.

1st trimester is kicking my booty. But I'm trying to fight back. Even as tired as I am, I'm trying to stay somewhat active and eat/drink healthy. Sunday I walked 6 laps around the track down from our house. It wasn't marked clearly, so I'm not sure what the distance was, but that's ok. It was something. And then last night, we went to a well-lit neighborhood that had a quarter-mile track around their clubhouse and tennis courts. I did 7 laps - that's 1 and 3/4 miles peeps! Woohoo!

What I haven't told you is that in the car both nights, I had a war with myself...

"I don't want to walk!"
"I just wanna lay down and take a nap!"
"Why do I have to go?"
"I'm not getting out of this car!"

But the good side won and I ended up pushing myself further than I initially intended. Sunday, I told myself that I'd walk only 4 laps and be done, but ended up pushing myself to 6. And last night I was looking to only stay 30 minutes no matter how far I'd been, but ended going 7 laps and 45 minutes. Not bad for a broken down, old, pregnant lady...

I'm getting too excited about going to the doctor. I'm going to die before February 11th. I don't understand why I have to wait so long. But I guess I'm going to have to suck up and wait.



Apparently it's standard practice in this area to wait until you are 8 weeks or more for your first doctors appointment. Phooey! I guess since my little girl is now 12, it HAS been a while since I had to do all this. I guess some things have changed since then, maybe. And I was from a little teeny tiny town, not the big ole metropolis of Savannah.

On to other news, we put in an offer Sunday on a house. Trying to wait patiently on a response.

I'm thinking I'm having a life lesson on patience lately, since I've yet to possess any to date in all my 35 years. But nobody says I have to like it. So...



No comments:

Post a Comment