Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wonderful Wednesday

We're halfway through the week...YAY!

I'm still on the hormonal roller coaster. Fun. Fun. Right now, I'm feeling pretty good so I figured I could fill y'all in on my life.

CAR NEWS
Both my husband's and my car have been acting crazy. Two weeks ago my car started idling rough. If you stopped at a red light or stop sign, it start struggling and then finally shut off. It would start right back up, but it was getting crazy. Then weekend before last, we were supposed to go to a dedication service at my husband's grandfather's church two hours away, and we didn't make it. My husband wanted to drive his car because mine had become so temperamental, so we take his car and his goes and throws a tantrum. About halfway into our drive, while going 80 down the interstate, his car shuts off and we have to coast to the side of the road. And it won't crank back up. Finally get in touch with my cousin to come get us. We managed to get the car back to the house very carefully, but it needs some work. My husband managed to get his car running pretty good, but can't figure out what is wrong with mine. He changes the spark plugs, the idle air control valve, nothing's making it better. He starts driving my car, scared that I would break down somewhere and be stuck. I suggest that he take it to the dealer, to at least have them tell him what's wrong with it. He takes it by the auto store and let them hook it up to a machine and gets the print out. It says there are 3 possibilities of problems, a clogged oil something, a cam sensor something, and I can't remember the 3rd. From research on the web and talking to people we think its the cam sensor thingy. So he takes it to a shop in town and they tell him that he needs to take it the dealership...(haha...secretly in my head, I'll be the first to tell you I know nothing about cars, but if the problem isn't easily diagnosed...take it to the experts)

So my husband takes my car to Kia. They look at the printouts from the auto store and immediately decide with the symptoms that its the cam sensor thingy. Joe makes an appointment for Saturday for them to fix it, we just had to make it through the week. Fast forward to Saturday, Joe goes to pick up the car and it ain't good. It wasn't the cam sensor, it was some kind of oil part and they don't have the part. Good news though, they let him take a brand new 2012 Kia Sorento. I seriously want one! Omgosh! I might have to find a used one, but I'm in love with the Sorento.

Ok. I've probably bored you to death....so I'll get on with it.

Got my car back yesterday! It's like having a brand new car. It's awesome! Drives great! YAY! You have no idea how excited this makes me.

Now we just got to work on getting my husband's car in the shop.

HOUSE NEWS
3 months-ish ago...We put in an offer on a short sell. And have yet to hear anything. And although I like the house, it's the perfect price, we've heard nothing. And I'm tired of renting, depending on others, throwing money away, etc. And our realtor found a house on the same street we were looking, it's just waaaaay out of our price range and my comfort zone. But we went and looked at it anyway, and...I...LOVE...IT. I think the house would be great for us, I just can't justify the price at all. Don't know what to do. I'm seriously considering putting in a very much smaller offer and just see where it goes...If they are desperate to sell, maybe they'll consider it. But I want it. So I'm at war with myself, trying to figure out exactly how high we are willing to go.

HUSBAND NEWS
He's been awesome. If I don't watch him though, he'll have me big as a house. If he goes to the store, he brings me candy. Which at the moment is good, but in retrospect...bad, very bad. I don't want to gain more than 20 lbs. with this pregnancy. I read that at my weight, I should only gain 10. That's scary because I'm craving all kinds of crazy things. Anyway, he's been really sweet...fixing me a washcloth when I get sick, fixing me something to drink, letting me nap some, cooking dinner. I just hope he can keep it up for a little while...I've been so tired. I honestly don't think that I'm getting enough sleep at all. I'm so tired, I could sleep standing up. Seriously. 

PREGNANCY NEWS
Still on the roller coaster...hormonally. Up and down, up and down. I cry a lot. I tired a lot. I want to sleep a lot. Had a break down the other night...just worried about cars, houses, bills, baby on the way...going nuts. Feels like a lot to be worried about to me. I'm trying to hold it all together. Just scared. About bills, about delivery....you name it. Basket case - CHECK!

WHERE THE WONDERFUL COMES IN

I have to remind myself sometimes not to take things for granted and to quit complaining. So here's why today is a wonderful Wednesday:

I love my husband
My husband loves me
I have wonderful children (most of the time, seriously)
We have a baby on the way
We have a roof over our heads
My car is like brand new
We are back in church, trying to be more involved
I have a job
My husband has a job and he actually loves his job (most days)
Our bills are paid

What more could a girl ask for?!












No comments:

Post a Comment