Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

And the Leibster Award goes to.....



I got nominated for an award today! Woohoo!!!

I want to thank the one who nominated me: Samantha Griffin 

Apparently there are rules:
1) If you were nominated, post 11 things about yourselves.
2) Then answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you created.
3) Create 11 more question to ask the bloggers you decided to nominate.
4) Choose 11 bloggers to nominate with less than 200 followers.
5) Make sure and let these people know you nominated them! No tag backs, so don't nominate someone who nominated you.

11 Things about Me:
1) I met my husband on eHarmony. Best thing that ever happened to me!
2) I have an obsession with roses. I have 5 tattoos and all have roses in them.
3) I have way too much education - 3 Associates of Applied Technology, 3 Technical Certificates of Credit, and 3 Diplomas - all in computer-related stuff from a technical college. Then I decided to go back and get a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems. Oh....and I have 3 computer certifications : A+, Net +, and Microsoft Excel. (Basically, I'm a certified computer nerd)
4) I love to cross stitch, I just never have time anymore.
5) I was a bartender for almost 15 years. Til I got it together and finished school. Miss the busyness and constantly meeting people, but not the hours.
6) I've been on 2 mission trips. One to the Bahamas and one to Honduras. Best life changing experiences in my life! I recommend that everyone have that experience.
7) I play the Oboe and can piddle on the piano. My daughter took piano lessons from the same lady that taught me and is playing my oboe in band at school. (proud mama here!)
8) I have a ridiculously silly sense of humor.
9) I am allergic to ketchup. Like seriously, life-threatening, drive to the hospital, anaphylactic shock allergic. So I have to get creative with condiments.
10) I love to read. I have a book with me at all times, unfortunately I'm so busy I've been carrying around the same book for about 2 months now.
11) I hate to cook but love to bake. I mean HATE to cook! But I do it anyway because I have a husband and kids and somebody's got to feed them, and Ima guessing that somebody happens to be me most of the time since I get home before my husband and he picks up the kids.

11 questions from the person who nominated me:
1. Are you an early bird or night owl? NIGHT OWL - which sucks because I have to be at work at 7am.

2. Where would you like to travel to? (anywhere in the world and any time period!) Ireland - now (as in right now)
3.  What book as a child did you love the most? Nancy Drew books (the inner child in me likes to play the interactive Nancy Drew computer games.
4. What do you struggle with? (meant to be a broad question) My weight - but I've found an awesome group of ladies at Mama Laughlin's Fit Camp on Facebook and I religiously read her blog: Mama Laughlin.
5. If you had three more days to live, what would be the first thing you did? Gather all my friends and family and share what time I had left with them.
6. Do you talk on the phone or text more? Text
7. What was the address to the first email account you ever made? cmthrift@hotmail.com - still have it, but rarely check it.
8. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? What do you want to be now? I wanted to be a dancer/school teacher/momma. Now I want to be RICH and a world traveler.
9. What are you currently obsessed with? Pinterest
10. Are you: team Edward,  team Jacob, or team I don't care? Team I don't really care.
11. When was the last time you read a great book? What was it? 2 months ago - Karen Kingsbury 
 Forever Faithful Trigology.

 


 11 questions for the people I nominate:
1) Are you a coffee or tea kinda gal?
2) Have you ever left the continent you were born on?
3) Which fairytale is your favorite and why?
4) Who inspires you?
5) Describe yourself in 3 words.
6) How old were you when you had your "first" kiss?
7) What food do you absolutely refuse to eat?
8) What beauty product can you not live without?
9) What is one thing that you swore you would never do...and did?
10) What is your biggest pet peeve?
11) If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?

My 11 nominations
(I tried to find people who hadn't been nominated yet, if for some reason I've re-nominated you, my bad!)

Yvonne Feld

Victoria Grenham

Tiffany Nielson

Silvia Harrington

Susan Bergman

Stephanie Collins 

Shawna Dominguez

Savannah Holloman

Sara Phillips

Sandra Ward


Patricia Riley





 


 






 

 


 

     
  

 



 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for nominating me for Liebster. You are adorable. I just wanted to say that Karen Kinsbury is a personal friend of mine. Lives right here in my city and her husband, Don is a colleague. Love those guys.

    ReplyDelete