Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Small Success

I did pretty well yesterday.

I've had a slight problem with Caramel Bugles lately. Seriously. They are so freaking good. The salty/sweet combination basically just melts in your mouth. I had gotten into the habit when I was having a bad day to run to the store at lunch and indulge my habit. It was seriously getting out of control.

But yesterday...I did not go to the store. No Bugles for me. And, to top that, I did not buy a Diet Coke. This is BIG, as in HUGE! Me and Diet Coke have been partners in crime for some time. And although I've tried to break up with it several times, it just keeps coming back, haunting me.

So huge victory for me yesterday. No Bugles. No Diet Coke. I did drink 2 cups of coffee and then had nothing but water at work. I accidentally forgot my breakfast yesterday, but didn't indulge in anything from the vending machine. I managed not to starve to death before lunch, and just had what I brought: midget pickles, a low-fat mozzarella cheese stick, and a turkey sandwich. Not bad, if I do say so myself.

After work, I ran home and changed and drove to the track down the street from our house. I only had 25 minutes, but managed to walk 4 laps around the track before I had to leave and go get the kiddie-poos. I just wish I knew the measurement of the track so I would know how far I walked. It seems like it is longer than a quarter-mile track, but not really sure. I've been really tempted to see if I could fit my car in there to measure...hehe. But I probably shouldn't do that.

Got up this morning and down 1 pound. Not much, but not too shabby either. Only 9 more to go to meet my mini-goal of losing 10 pounds by December.

Supposed to meet my cousin and start C25K today. We'll see how that turns out.




No comments:

Post a Comment