Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Excuses, Excuses

My husband recently had a conversation with me about making excuses and his realization of making excuses for himself. But I've been thinking about it for a couple of days. And I have come to the conclusion, that I may be "The Queen of Excuses".

I started on this journey to change myself. And I still want to change myself, but I'm thinking that the next change I make may need to be my knack for making excuses...I've come to realize that I can make an excuse for anything.

 - I had to work late, or I didn't get enough sleep...that's why it's OK to drink this Mountain Dew or Diet Coke. I need the caffeine.
 - I have to rush home and make dinner, or wash clothes, or work late...that's why I didn't have time to work out today.
 - I'll watch what I eat tomorrow, I've had a rough day, or I don't have time to make something healthy...it's OK to eat junk.
 - I have 2 million things to do, kids, husband, clothes...it's OK not to good to bed on time tonight.

and on and on it goes.

Somebody slap me! I'm on Week 6 of a 2 month weight-loss challenge and I have NOT done jack! I've even gained...WTH!!!! Get it together Connie! Life HAPPENS! Get over it! Nobody said that this would be easy, but WAH WAH, need some cheese with that WHINE???

I need to get over myself, something serious! And get with the program!!!!

I want to change! I do! I swear! I hate being fat and my clothes not fitting! I hate not being able to breathe because of smoking and being so very out of shape! I hate feeling like crap and tired all the time because I'm overweight, don't get enough sleep, eat bad, and not in shape.

I need motivation!!!! Why do I keep doing this to myself?

1 comment:

  1. Seriously... Get out of my head! I do the exact same thing... Oh it's to hot?? Oh it's sunny? I will find any excuse not to do something... Your last paragraph is me!!!! But we can overcome this and kick the excuses too the curb! <3

    ReplyDelete