Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Weekend and Week End

I always do great during the week with watching what I eat.

Weekend rolls around and ...(well, you know, I hope that I can scrape by not gaining it all back)

I was doing so good. We invited my cousin and her son over Friday night and broke out the Xbox Kinect. If you haven't played it, go get one now. It is WAY, super duper fun! We had a blast playing Kinect Adventures and I soooo broke a sweat. That game totally kicked my butt. I haven't had that much fun working out in long time. I will definitely be doing that more often.

Woke up Saturday morning and had lost 2 more lbs...for a grand total of 7 lbs. in 6 days! On top of the world! Woohoo...Doing a little dance in my head! Then the rest of my weekend happens. Between church, grocery shopping, and starving kids, I'm not sure where it started, but I ate bad. Then Sunday, we made a birthday cake for my husband's grandmother's 80th birthday. Cake? Who in their right mind can say no to cake? Especially when it has chocolate icing...I was practically calling my name, no, it was SHOUTING my name...LOL! I did manage to park my behind on a stationary bike and ride 3 miles in 11 minutes. So maybe the damage wasn't as bad. Maybe.

Not to mention, I had to work out of town Monday, so I left after I got the kids in bed at 9. And it was late, it was pouring rain, and I was so very tired. So what do I do? I stop at the nearest convenience store and get a great big ole 20 oz. Mountain Dew. I know better! I was doing so good. But, instead of beating myself up, I'm going chuck it up to experience and know the guilt I will feel next time, and carry on.

I wasn't at my house with my scale this morning, so I haven't weighed. Have no idea what the damage is. But I have had a great breakfast and lunch. And hope that, maybe just maybe, by the time I get to weigh in again that I have been able to counteract some of my weekend endeavors. If not, I'll just have to work that much harder and make sure that my weekends aren't undoing the hard work I put in during the week. Before this next weekend, I think I need to formulate a plan to make it through the weekend food-wise. Probably need to plan my meals out in advance.

I'm also working on getting a treadmill at the house. I think that will be awesome for me. It's too hot here to walk in the summer time unless it's dark and no sunshine, and even then, it's so humid you'll definitely think twice before you do. It's 91 right now and that's cooler than it's been in awhile, we tipped the scales over 100 several days last week. 

I'm also thinking about doing a 30day shred. I've seen a lot of talk about it lately. The inspiration for me starting my blog and getting myself on track was Mama Laughlin. She is fabulous and hilarious! She just started a Facebook group too (Mama Laughlin's Fit Camp), and everybody's stories are wonderful, inspirational, and motivational. And it seems like many, many of the women I have read about on her blog and her Facebook have done a 30day shred. Guess I'll order it today and see what its all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment