Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thunderous Thursday

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

It's been raining here almost every day for a month. The one day that it was all sunny and beautiful, was the one day I ended up having to work on a Saturday at my new job...Got to love it! I think Murphy's Law applies explicitly to my life sometimes.

I'm one Day 4 of not smoking! Hanging in there. Haven't killed anyone, which I think is a big deal on my part. And probably the hardest part. My husband is quitting too. And I think we both are very emotional and getting on each others nerves, but I kind of expected it with us quitting at the same time. There are moments when I really  want to smoke. But then there are moments that I realize I haven't thought about smoking for hours and think that this is way easier than I thought it would be. Regardless, I should be in the clear here pretty soon. I've read that your body flushes out and quits craving nicotine in about 72 hours. So I should be out of the craving stage. It's the habit I now need to work on, they say it takes like 28 days to form a solid habit? I think. Not sure on that one, but if that's the case then I have about 24 more days of not smoking to form the habit of not smoking.

I've been really sick. Of course, I quit smoking, start on a journey of getting healthy and get sick. Got a sinus infection. A nasty one. Put me down. For real. I left work Tuesday morn and went to the doc, got my prescription filled and went home and laid down at noon. I briefly remember my husband coming in and talking to me, but I didn't wake up again until 5:30 Wed morn. 15 1/2 hours of sleep. Not once did I get up, to pee, to drink, to eat, nothing. My back hurt so bad and I was so dehydrated when I got up, not sure my body accomplished anything on that resting binge it decided to take.

I have been drinking some water. Not all my water. And I've drank caffeine and ate badly. Now that I've almost got this smoking thing kicked in the butt, I think it's time to start kicking some healthy eating and drinking habits butts. And I have done no exercise yet. At all. I know. I know....I need to work on that. Like ASAP.

One change down. Like a billion to go! LOL! Hey, I'm one step in the right direction!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment